Saturday, January 3, 2015

Gingerbread Houses & Cookies!

Gingerbread Houses
 
When Landon was in Kindergarten his class had a gingerbread party......it was so much fun!!! We have tried to each year since to do our own little houses at our home! We have tried using graham crackers, kits, and the milk/juice containers. The boys like using the containers the best, we just had to buy juice ahead of time and sip away.

 
I have the teachers icing recipe and it covers great and hardens very quickly!



 
Look at all those toppings!!


As usual Carson is shirtless--and he had the best time snacking on candy and eating the icing!

 
Here are the boys gingerbread creations on display for Santa to see!

 
I love seeing what they each decide to do, Carson had some help from mom but also did plenty himself!
 
 
 
Cookie Time!!!
 
I feel like my cookies never turn out right. Not because of what the boys do, but the recipe that I use. Each year I change it up trying to find the perfect "easy" sugar cookie recipe.
 
This year the one I found done pretty well. As long as the boys get to make the cookies, they really don't care its all in the fun of it!!

 
Oh boy I see a Mess!!!

 
Looks like Peyton needs an apron like Carsons:)

 
Carson and big big brother!

 
Roll it Out!!

 
Ooh this is like painting!!

 
Deep Concentration!

 
Wow Carson dumped almost an entire container of sprinklers!!
 
The cookies and gingerbread houses make quite the mess, but the boys love doing it and that makes cleaning the mess worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment